Friday, July 13, 2012

A Wedding in Iowa

It's been almost a week.   I was happy and honored to be invited.   The father of the bride is my fraternity brother.   Another fraternity brother met me at Chicago’s O’Hare airport and we drove to Iowa City, Iowa...with a stop in Eldridge, Iowa to have dinner with yet another fraternity brother before proceeding to Iowa City.   That stopover is another story in and of itself!

It was a journey...well worth the trip.   The wedding/reception was different from what I’m used to...but it was beautiful.   There were over 350 guests!   A wedding party of 14, not including the ushers, ring bearers and flower girls!   It was huge!

The reception was held at a country-western venue.   Normally, they even have a mechanical bull on the premise...but it was removed for this occasion!   A good time was had by all...and I learned about the “Dollar Dance”...something new to me.

The next day we ventured to the Amana Colonies...and had a great lunch with family and friends at the Ox Yoke Inn.

Then we stopped by the newlywed’s abode and helped them unload all the wedding presents!   I took a picture of their neighbor’s property from their front yard.

This is Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment