- 8:00am - 9:00am - watch: "Sunday Today" with Willie Geist on a local NBC affiliate. The show also airs at 9:00am on NBC (nation-wide), but that timing conflicts with CBS's "Sunday Morning".
- 9:00am - 10:30am - watch: CBS's "Sunday Morning" with Jane Pauley.
- 10:00am - start recording "AM Joy" (with Joy Reid) on MSNBC...while watching the last half hour of CBS's "Sunday Morning".
- 10:30am - Noon: after CBS's "Sunday Morning" is finished, start recording "Face the Nation" also on CBS with John Dickerson and start watching the earlier recorded "AM Joy"
- Noon - finish watching "AM Joy"...there are a half hour of commercials...so Joy's 2 hour show that I started to record at 10:00am can be watched (with fast forward) in 1.5 hours!
- NOON - 1:00pm - watch the previously tape "Face the Nation" that I recorded from 10:30 to 11:30.
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm - watch: Fareed Zakaria's GPS (Global Public Square) program on CNN.
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm - watch: "Meet the Press" with Chuck Todd on MSNBC (aired earier on NBC)
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Friday, April 21, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Sunday, April 16, 2017
Donald Trump’s trips to his luxury Florida resort have already cost the US taxpayer at least $24 million - roughly as much as Barack Obama spent on travel in the first two years of his presidency.
Mr Trump has now spent eight weekends at Mar-a-Large-Owe since taking office ten/eleven weeks ago. Happy Easter!!!
President Trump's trips to Mar-A-Lago costs US taxpayers!:
- Total cost for security in Palm Beach: $3.7 million
- Roundtrip flights from Joint Base Andrews, Maryland to West Palm, Florida: $700,000
- Overtime for local law enforcement during Trump’s trips: $60,000/day
- Total golf cart rentals ordered by the Secret Service "for POTUS visit": $35,185
- Loss to business due to airport closure: -$30,000/weekend
Critics have pointed out that if the
President Donald cut back on these visits, he could fund the social security and arts programs that he is planning to slash.
More @ "The Independent"!
Saturday, April 15, 2017
China - Currency Manipulator:
Trump repeatedly pledged during his campaign to label the country a currency manipulator.
Janet Yellen's Future:
Nevermind...“I like her. I respect her,” Trump recently said, “It’s very early.” Trump called Yellen “obviously political” in September and accused her of keeping interest rates low to boost the stock market and make Obama look good.
Nevermind! Trump threw his support behind the Export-Import Bank, which helps subsidize some U.S. exports, after opposing it during the campaign.
“It turns out that, first of all, lots of small companies are really helped, the vendor companies,” Trump told the Journal. “Instinctively, you would say, ‘Isn’t that a ridiculous thing,’ but actually, it’s a very good thing. And it actually makes money, it could make a lot of money.”
Trump said NATO is "no longer obsolete" during a Wednesday press conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, backtracking on his past criticism of the alliance.
During the campaign, he frequently called the organization "obsolete," saying did little to crack down on terrorism and that its other members don’t pay their “fair share.”
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
"Today's chemical attack in Syria against innocent people including women and children is reprehensible and cannot be ignored by the civilized world," Spicer told reporters. "These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the past administration's weakness and irresolution." Spicer also said: "President Obama said in 2012 he would establish a red line against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing. The United States stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this intolerable act." (Later in the day, the White House issued a statement echoing Spicer's remarks.)
It will come as no surprise at this point that the Trump White House's position was hypocritical. First, Obama's red line at the time was a threat of US military action against Syria should it continue to use chemical weapons. When Obama asked the GOP-led Congress to authorize the potential use of force against Syria, the Republicans, not wanting to take a firm stance, declined to hold a vote. Still, Obama's move prompted Assad to agree to a Russian-brokered deal to give up his chemical weapons. To a degree, Obama's threat worked.
Whether or not Obama's policy in 2013 was successful, this much is clear: at that point, Trump had an unambiguous position regarding Syria— do nothing. Throughout this episode, Trump tweeted up a storm about Syria. Repeatedly, he declared—occasionally in all-caps! - that Obama should not be messing around in Syria. He said there was no reason to attack Syria or take any action there. Let the Arab League deal with the problem. He was asserting that Obama should not respond to the chemical attacks - a policy certainly in sync with Assad (and his Russian patrons). Stay out of this, Trump demanded, and focus on domestic issues.
Here is a sample of Trump's 2013 tweets on the subject:
Friday, March 31, 2017
Google states that it's honored to award Sarah with a $30K college scholarship and a $50K technology award for her school, as well as sharing her doodle on the Google homepage for the world to see.
See more entries here! This gives me hope in the young folks! And yes people...we need hope and congratulations to Sarah!
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Correct…or am I missing something?
People...this man is sick and not fit to be the President of the United States!!! Wake up America!!!
- President Obama allegedly said..."We are no longer JUST a Christian nation"!!! What he actually said was…"and NOW we are a nation of many religions"!!!
- "In May 2009, President Obama dismissed our 21st annual National Day of Prayer ceremony at the White House under the ruse of "not wanting to offend anyone". Here are the FACTS!
- Sept. 25, 2009, a Muslim Prayer Day was held on the west front of the U.S. Capitol Building, the site where U.S. Presidents have been inaugurated since 1981. Here are the FACTS!
- February17-19, 2015, A Muslim prayer was recited at the start of the second day of the White House summit on “Countering Violent Extremism,” but no other religious text was presented during the portion of the event that was open to the press. I can't find any FACTS on this one. All of this nonsense does appear on all the Christian and/or right-wing "bat sh*t crazy" web sites. Just google what I've underlined above and find out for yourself!
- Former President Obama encouraged schools to teach the Quran for extra credit, while at the same time, we cannot even talk about the Bible, God, pray, or salute the American Flag. Here are the FACTS!
- "How refreshing and beautiful that our your First Lady, Melania Trump was in Melbourne, Florida on February 18, 2017. Instead of the normal “pumping up” of the crowd, (immigrant) Melania chose to start the rally off with the Lord’s Prayer." How sweet! "Blacks for "Trump"!!! Are you "effing" kidding me???
OK...nevermind! "The 1st Lady gave this anti-p*ssy grabbing speech!
I was under the impression that America was founded on religious tolerance and not on accepting just one dominant religion? I guess I'd better go back and check out this whole Pilgrims/Plymouth Rock thing or am I missing something? I think Pew Research is on my side on this one (via Wikipedia).
On a positive note…although it wasn't on the "National Day of Prayer"…at least "The Donald" (your president) did ask ALL of us to
prey pray for Arnold Schwarenegger for improved "Apprentice" ratings during the "National Prayer Breakfast" on February 2nd! Please ask Donald to send me an e-mail when he opens that 1st coal mine!!!
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
I didn’t watch yesterday’s White House press briefing but, as I’m sure you know, it’s all over MSNBC, CNN, the New York Times and other “Fake News” sources.
I was appalled at the way Sean Spicer lambasted you. It’s not his first time!!! I’m sure it would not have been the professional thing to do, but I wish you, and others, would have just gotten up and walked out!!!
I’ve had similar thoughts when he responds to other members of the press. I wish they would just stand up and walk out and have others follow! Now that would be news! His temperament appears to be similar to his boss!
I no longer watch these press briefings on a daily basis. When I do watch, I often change the channel to something else! Why? Sean Spicer! He’s Kellyanne Conway’s twin brother!
Hang tough and next time...walk out! You can bet that there will be a next time!!!
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Monday, March 27, 2017
- They announced we'd be on the ground at White Plains airport in 15 minutes. Nevermind! We're landing @ LaGuardia in 10 minutes! But wait...my car is @ White plains and it's midnight!
- the cable went out! That's twice in 4 days!!!
- the mail didn't come until 5:00PM today. Do you believe it!
- the long lines at the Post office! Why am I dealing with stamps anymore?
- the long lines at the DMV (dept. of Motor Vehicles).
- who stole my parking space???
- when are they gonna patch these potholes on Interstate I95???
- the supermarket advertised Haagan-Daz ice cream, a dollar off! Can't find it! No more left???
- the weatherman forecasted 50+ degrees today! It ain't!!!
- does anyone look up from their cell phone anymore?
- where is my g*d-damn cellphone???
- my age & memory capacity! Ugh! How old am I anyway?
- where is the g*d-damn TV/cable remote control???
- Then there's always the Velvetta Cheeta in the White House!!! Ugh!!
Friday, March 24, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Monday, March 13, 2017
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Source: Robert Reich (former Secretary of Labor)
Friday, March 10, 2017
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Hell...I should be Secretary of HUD! Why? Here's where I grew up! 1339 Prospect Ave. in the South Bronx! Fourth floor...apartment 4B!!!
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Monday, February 20, 2017
Friday, February 17, 2017
I need to try and get happy again...but it's gonna be a real challenge with "Hair Fuhrer" in the White House! Gotta start posting more of this happiness from Pharell! Peace!
Oh! I forgot about the uninformed, under educated and those coal miners who think 45 is gonna fix all of their angst!!! Send me an e-mail when 45 opens that 1st coal mine!