Monday, July 17, 2017
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Saturday, July 8, 2017
"Since President Trump’s inauguration, an unusual amount of attention has been paid to the 25th Amendment to the Constitution. That's the measure, ratified in 1967, that allows for removal of the president in the event that he is "unable to discharge the powers and duties" of the office. What does that mean, exactly? Lawyers surely have some ideas. But as a psychiatrist, I believe we need a rational, thorough and coherent definition of the mental capacities required to carry out “the powers and duties” of the presidency".
"Although there are volumes devoted to outlining criteria for psychiatric disorders, there is surprisingly little psychiatric literature defining mental capacity, even less on the particular abilities required for serving in positions of great responsibility. Despite the thousands of articles and books written on leadership, primarily in the business arena, I have found only one source where the capacities necessary for strategic leadership are clearly and comprehensively laid out: the U.S. Army’s “Field Manual 6-22 Leader Development."
According to the Army, trust is fundamental to the functioning of a team or alliance in any setting: “Leaders shape the ethical climate of their organization while developing the trust and relationships that enable proper leadership.”
- Discipline and self-control:
The manual requires that a leader demonstrate control over his behavior and align his behavior with core Army values: “Loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage.”
- Judgment and critical thinking:
These are complex, high-level mental functions that include the abilities to discriminate, assess, plan, decide, anticipate, prioritize and compare.
Self-awareness requires the capacity to reflect and an interest in doing so. “Self-aware leaders know themselves, including their traits, feelings, and behaviors,” the manual says.
Perhaps surprisingly, the field manual repeatedly stresses the importance of empathy as an essential attribute for Army leadership. A good leader “demonstrates an understanding of another person’s point of view” and “identifies with others’ feelings and emotions.”
I don't know how much longer I can take this! I'm drinking too much already!!!
Monday, July 3, 2017
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Thursday, June 29, 2017
With all the sh*t that's going on in the world and this country...this is on your priority list? You're your own worst enemy!
You're also an *sshole and the American people didn't vote for you to be the leader of our country! The electoral college did! We're now the laughing stock of the world! Nevermind...Russia & Israel love you!
Friday, June 23, 2017
- You started the whole birther movement!
- You were the chorus leader for LOCK HER UP"
- You want to ban Muslims from coming into this country (unless they're from Saudi Arabia)! Did anyone tell you that 15 of those Saudis flew the planes into the World Trade Center! Oh...I forgot...you have business dealings in Saudi Arabia!! Nevermind!
- Comey! The tapes! By a 2 to 1 margin more Americans believe James Comey over you! OK...Fake News! Oh...never mind!
- LGBQ What the f*ck is LGBT anyway? Do you know?
- Negroes! What have we got to lose?
- Russia? What about Russia?
- I could go on & on...but nevermind!
Some folks say your hands are small...but I must admit that your balls must be huge to pull off the sh*t that got the adrenalin flowing in the wacko Americans that voted for you! BTW...you didn't win the popular vote!
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Friday, June 2, 2017
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Clearly disappointed with Mr. Trump’s positions on NATO, Russia, climate change and trade, Ms. Merkel said in Munich on Sunday that traditional alliances were no longer as steadfast as they once were and that Europe should pay more attention to its own interests “and really take our fate into our own hands.”
“The times in which we could rely fully on others — they are somewhat over,” Ms. Merkel added, speaking on the campaign trail after a contentious NATO summit meeting in Brussels and a Group of 7 meeting in Italy. “This is what I experienced in the last few days.”
Ms. Merkel’s strong comments were a potentially seismic shift in trans-Atlantic relations. With the United States less willing to intervene overseas, Germany is becoming an increasingly dominant power in a partnership with France.
Read more at the N.Y.Times...aka "Fake News"!
Friday, May 26, 2017
And now you're the HUD Secretary? Thanks Donald...a job well done!
This should be left up to the states? *sshole...have you ever heard of "Loving versus Virginia"???
Sunday, May 21, 2017
"President Trump’s Muslim ban is not only mean-spirited and, hopefully, unconstitutional, but it is irrational because it doesn’t even include the country most responsible for spreading terrorism around the world: Saudi Arabia.
The travel restrictions on seven Muslim-majority countries was rationalized as a way to thwart potential terrorists from entering the United States, with Trump citing the tragedies of 9/11 and the San Bernardino shooting as motivations behind the executive order. But no citizens of the seven banned countries were responsible for the deaths of any Americans on US soil.
It is indeed a glaring omission that Saudi Arabia, the country that furnished 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11, was absent from the list."
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
You claim, and keep saying, that you're waiting for the facts! My advice/answer to you two clowns is...go get the g*ddamn facts! Your loyalty to that narcissistic "ignant assh*le" in the White House is pathetic. I hope you'll pay for it!!!
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Monday, May 8, 2017
Monday, May 1, 2017
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Friday, April 28, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Sunday, April 23, 2017
- 8:00am - 9:00am - watch: "Sunday Today" with Willie Geist on a local NBC affiliate. The show also airs at 9:00am on NBC (nation-wide), but that timing conflicts with CBS's "Sunday Morning".
- 9:00am - 10:30am - watch: CBS's "Sunday Morning" with Jane Pauley.
- 10:00am - start recording "AM Joy" (with Joy Reid) on MSNBC...while watching the last half hour of CBS's "Sunday Morning".
- 10:30am - Noon: after CBS's "Sunday Morning" is finished, start recording "Face the Nation" also on CBS with John Dickerson and start watching the earlier recorded "AM Joy"
- Noon - finish watching "AM Joy"...there are a half hour of commercials...so Joy's 2 hour show that I started to record at 10:00am can be watched (with fast forward) in 1.5 hours!
- NOON - 1:00pm - watch the previously tape "Face the Nation" that I recorded from 10:30 to 11:30.
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm - watch: Fareed Zakaria's GPS (Global Public Square) program on CNN.
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm - watch: "Meet the Press" with Chuck Todd on MSNBC (aired earier on NBC)