Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday…Yesterday!

I’m not really big into celebrating my own birthday.   Perhaps it’s because my “big day” is in July and during my formulative years, I spent my summers away at camp.   So, from seven to seventeen….the campers sung Happy Birthday to me and that as it!   My biggest surprise was the big three-oh (my thirtieth).   The bride threw a nice surprise b-day party for me.   It was truly a surprise.   That was a long time ago…before kids, etc.

So yesterday was nice and low key…just the way I like it!   We returned from a “semi-destination” wedding (2+ hours away and overnight stay…more about that in another entry!)   We got home about 6:00PM.   Around 8:00PM, my daughter, son-in-law and grandson popped in and shortly thereafter returned with a (small…and very cool) Carvel Ice cream cake.   We sucked down the cake and then I opened the card…

It really blew me away! Then there was a gift! Totally unexpected…and the gift really blew me away too! Really! Gotta figure out a way to make these myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment