Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friends of a Certain Age?

OK...another article in today's   (Sunday)...New York Times.   The subject is friendship!   I can definitely relate to this.   The premise is that our closest friendships are established in high school and college...and during our early years of employment.   The article goes on to say that creating new friendships becomes more difficult as we grow older.

Per the article..."Our story is not unusual.   In your 30s and 40s, plenty of people enter your life, through work, children's play dates, and of course, Facebook"   (I'm not there yet!).  

"But actual close friends - the kind you make in college, the kind you call in a crisis - those are in shorter supply"!

Personally for me, my high school and college experience/memories are a big part of who I am...and so are my friendships!   I am very fortunate!   My wife and I attended the same high school...but that's a whole   'nother story!

No comments:

Post a Comment