Sunday, December 23, 2012

Newtown, Connecticut & the 2nd Amendment

The 2nd Amendment:   (as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State)

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I was curious to find our what kind of “arms” I had the right to bear (back then), if I was a part of the “militia” against any possible form of tyranny.   Also note...no mention of hunting...and what exactly is the definition of a "free state" anyway?

This whole 2nd Amendment thing goes back to the 18th century!   1791 to be specific!   It was part of the Bill of Rights.   As I said before...f*ck the 2nd Amendment!   Below are images of some of the “arms” (pistols & rifles) available in the 18th century.

Okay...I can dig this!   If Americans could only buy the "arms" depicted above NOW...I'd be cool with that!   But they can't NOW and then again...I would have been a slave back then.   Walmart didn’t exist.   I would not have been able to order these “arms” “online”.   There was no online!   Hell...there was no radio!   Not even the telegraph!   There were no Glocks and no AR  15s!

I just don’t understand it and never will!   But Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of the NRA, has the answer!   According to Mr. LaPierre...“The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.”

America...the so-called "greatest country on earth" has 5% of the world's population and 50% of the guns!   Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment