Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Personalities and other pearls of wisdom

Personalities of some folks that I know are really different from what I consider the norm.   They’re just out there!

I think (know?) they don’t realize how different they really are and it’s difficult (or a waste of time) to discuss/confront them about their difference/personalities.   Forget about the possibility of change.   The degree of difficulty increases with age.   Actually I think most folks are fully “baked” sometime during their teenage years.   I’ve seen some that are “half baked” at 5 years old! Trust me...I’m fully baked, but I can’t remember at what age that happened!

Other random pearls of wisdom:

  • If you don’t have anything nice to say...don’t say anything at all.
  • The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.
  • As my grandfather used to say...”rich or poor it’s good to have money.”
  • All I really need to know I learned in kindergarten.
  • ”A son is a son until he takes a wife…a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life.”   I must confess, I don’t have a son...but I do have 2 fantastic daughters...so I’m a little prejudiced here.
  • If you’re new to investing and have a little money or a lot of money to invest (like tonight's 500 million Powerball)...the first book you need to read is “The Coffee House Investor”.
  • Saw the movie “Lincoln” this weekend.   Every American should be required to see this movie.   Or better yet...buy the book. I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment