Monday, November 12, 2012

Four bucks?  You gotta be kiddin’ me!

Last Thursday I offered to help my buddies at Pipsnacks.   Their headquarters is located in Englewood, New Jersey.   Englewood is about a 45 minute drive for me via the Saw Mill River Parkway.   Whenever I venture to New Jersey from Connecticut, my preferred route is:
  • I95 south and connect to the Hutchison River Parkway in Mamaroneck
  • Take the “Hutch” to the Cross County Parkway to the Saw Mill River Parkway
  • Saw Mill crosses the Henry Hudson Bridge
  • Proceed on the Saw Mill to the George Washington Bridge (“The GW”)
  • Cross the GW and Bingo...New Jersey!
After driving about a half an hour, I approached the Henry Hudson Bridge (pictured above).   It was about a mile away.   I leaned over and opened the glove compartment to retrieve my EZPass (toll payment gizmo).   I dug and dug and dug.   Damn near crashed the car digging!   No EZPass!

Oh well...I’ll just go to the “CASH” lane.   The sign says $4.00!   Are you sh*tting me!   Four bucks!   I cross this bridge several times a year.   Since I always use my “automatic EZPass gizmo” to pay for bridge tolls...I never bothered to check the price of the toll!   At first I was ticked off because I couldn’t find my EZPass.   Then I was really ticked off about the price of the toll!   Time to re-route my trips to New Jersey!

I remember when the toll was 10 cents!   Yes…10 cents!   But then again, the GW was only a buck back then!   It now costs 12 bucks!   I know that was years ago...but still!   Four bucks!

(Henry Hudson Bridge photo via opus1ny)

No comments:

Post a Comment