Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy's aftermath!

For me, it was a simple request.   Let there be light.   Hurricane Sandy hit on Monday.   We lost power at 6:59PM.   The wind was blowing, the rain came, and then the wind blew some more, and more and more!   We had the flashlights (not enough AA batteries) and many candles.

It didn’t take long before I started to go nuts.   No TV, no internet, no e-mail, no nothing!   I was starving and deprived of information.   Yeah...we had the transistor radio.   But within hours, listening to the reported weather conditions, flooding, etc., versus watching it happen live...was driving me crazy.

Just short of two days later, at 2:00PM on Wednesday (Happy Halloween)...BAM!   Electricity is restored.   Nirvana!   With the power restored, I instantly went to get my TV fix and saw the devastation that Sandy wrought.   I was shocked and could not believe all the devastation.

I was extremely lucky.   I only lost a few hundred dollars worth of thawed food. Others lost their lives.   They lost their loved ones.   They lost their homes.   They lost everything!   Manhattan looks like Venice!   The New Jersey shore is gone!   Death and destruction that affected 18 states...most notably the East coast.   Like I said, I’m extremely fortunate.   All I lost was some food and that’s it.

The images above were taken from the weather.com.   I think they're amazing.   There are hundreds more.  Awesome images!

No comments:

Post a Comment