Sunday, October 28, 2012

The calm before Frankenstorm!

Below is a picture of my street (my home is just to the right of the partially hidden tree on the immediate right).   I took this photo about 6 hours ago...during the calm.   Notice the overhead wires on the upper left? They go all the way down past the highrise in the center!   I hope they're intact after hurricane/storm "Sandy".   Why are these wires not underground is still a question I need to have Connecticut Light & Power answer!

Okay...they claim that all hell is going to break lose!   Connecticut's Governor, Dannel Malloy, is even hinting that this may be the worst storm in Connecticut's history!

  • Mandatory evacuation from Stamford, Connecticut zones 1 and 2 (dark green & light green areas in the above map).
  • My home (townhouse is the red dot)!
  • NYC's Mayor Bloomberg has shut down the Subway system effective 7PM.
  • NYC buses will stop operating at 9PM!
  • The New York Stock Exchange will be closed tomorrow (Monday).
  • Prediction is that at 12:01AM on Tuesday morning Stamford will experience MAJOR flooding!
  • All the patio furniture is now indoors.
  • Rum...tonic...and extra ICE are on the premises!

If you don't hear from me anytime soon...it's because I've lost power!

No comments:

Post a Comment