Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A funeral...not a future!

One Step Foward!
A positive image/perception of American people-of-color has made slow, but steady progress over the years...recently capped off with the election of this nation's 1st black president. The Oprahs, Huxtables, Powells, Tigers and a multitude of others have also helped to boost this perception/acceptance(?) of an American minority not only in this country...but around the globe. Who would have ever thought...

Two Steps Back!
A young life is savagely taken in Chicago...and the savagery is there for all the world to see! Not only did these "Ns" (more about that in future posts) murder one of their own...but they took it to a new level. They didn't shot him or stab him (not that either is less repulsive) but they beat him to death with 2-by-4s and then finished him off with lethal kicks to the head! Barbaric...sub-human. Left to die on the street...an innocent young honor student with a future ahead of him. Left to die for all the world to see (you can find it on youtube.com). It makes me sick!

In this country...one is considered innocent until proven guilty. I don't see any innocence here! Not only should they be held liable...we should incarcerate the parent(s) as well!

Once I heard this story...I thought if that were my child left to die on the street...I would seek revenge...an eye-for-an-eye. Given the chance...I would sneak up behind any one of the four suspects with a baseball bat (or better yet...a 2-by-4)...and would have given them what the gave that young man! The idea that I'm even thinking of this sickens me even more...but I don't think I'm by myself on this!

A future denied! Rest in peace...Derrion Albert!

No comments:

Post a Comment