Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Divas & A Dude

I went to a book club gathering today…my first.   It was a wonderful few hours with incredible people, great food & wine, and great conversation.

Background…a few months ago, I sent an e-mail to several dozen friends lauding the merits of   "Hold Love Strong" and its’ author…Matthew Goodman.  Jack N., my lifelong friend, is a member of that book club…and was a recipient of that e-mail.

Jack recommended the book to his club…and extended an invite (to me and the author) to come to their monthly gathering.  I couldn’t commit until the last minute…but boy…was I glad I did!

It was great.  I met Beverly, the hostess (and quite the cook) of this month’s gathering and other club members...Phyllis, Karen & Pat.

Each…incredible/accomplished women in their own right…with a love for reading, travel, politics…and on and on….and all in possession of Kindles!   I’m also told that each…along with Beverly & Jack…can throw together some mean meals!

All agreed that Matt...and his book..."Hold Love Strong" were awesome!

I don’t get to read as often as I’d like, but this was definitely an incentive!  The original name of the group was…The Divas of Diversity!   Once they extended an invite to Jack to join the group, they changed the name to…The Divas & A Dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment