Anyway...as it turns out, "The Back Nine" is a metaphor for the stage of life baby boomers now find themselves in. Most boomers probably liked their front nine more than they are liking their back nine, but partaking in the second half of life's links does have advantages. As someone said, chiefly among them...of course, is that you are not deceased. As one's generation ages, not being deceased becomes more and more of a perk.
- retired and getting gray with all your friends
- moving slower
- taking naps (not me...yet anyway)
- things that you wish you had done, but didn't!
- things that you did...but wish you hadn't!
"So, if you're not on the "back nine" yet... let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether you're on the "back nine" or not!
You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life... so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember... and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!
"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one. LIVE IT WELL! ENJOY TODAY! DO SOMETHING FUN! BE HAPPY! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Remember it is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
LASTLY, CONSIDER THIS:
- Your kids are becoming you... but your grandchildren are perfect!
- Going out is good... Coming home is better!
- You forget names... but it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you!!!
- You realize you're never going to be really good at anything... especially golf.
- The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.
- You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. It's called "pre-sleep."
- You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
- You tend to use more 4 letter words ... "what?"..."when?"... ???
- What used to be freckles are now liver spots.
- Everybody whispers.
- You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet... 2 of which you will never wear.
Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS."