Spririt Survey question:
How likely is it that you would recommend Spirit Airlines to a friend or colleague?
(0 = I am not likely to recommend Spirit Airlines; 10 = I am very likely to recommend Spirit Airlines).
My answer…a big fat ZERO! Why?
- VERY VERY deceptive pricing policy! The price on Spirit.com was listed at $318 per person!
- Passenger Usage Fee? What the heck is this and how come you don’t learn about this fee until AFTER you book the reservation!
- $10 for getting the boarding pass at the airport?
- $15 for seat selection?
- Absolutely no leg room! I guess that’s why the seats don’t recline.
- You want water on the flight? That’ll be $3.00 please!
- Try to (easily) find a telephone # on your site. Oh…go to the help screen and enter the word “telephone” on the search line. What’s so hard about that!
I just scheduled a hypothetical flight form NYC to Fort Lauderdale on KAYAK.com. Departing April 21st, returning April 28th. Spirit was $258. On Spirit.com it was listed at a TOTAL of $227? Perhaps KAYAK included the infamous “passenger usage fee” and Spirit.com didn’t? So you add seat assignment ($15 each way) and baggage fees ($30 each way) and you’re now at $348 roundtrip! What’s next…restroom usage fee?
The TOTAL at JetBlue was $299!!! No baggage fee! No seat assignment fee! More legroom…and a private TV screen. FREE sodas/water and FREE snacks!
I will never fly Spirit again! Never! Ever!