Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Stress can kill you!   It almost did!

Looking back through the years from 2003 thru 2010...I would call those years the epicenter of my stress years!   We're talking about going to the roof...and jumping off!
  • In 2003 my contract with a former Fortune 50 company was unexpectedly terminated a few weeks after I was diagnosed with cancer!
  • From 2003 thru 2010 I had a few engagements/jobs I hated!   I did enjoy one...but all the rest....I just couldn't handle the politics and the bullsh*t!
  • At the end of 2009, my 401K was less than half of what it was in 2005 and I'm talking big bucks people!
  • Our current residence, back then, was valued at much less than what we paid for it.
  • In 2010, we had to do a "short sale" on our planned retirement condo/home in Florida.   I/we lost more big bucks...almost 2/3rds of what we orignally paid for it!
  • My stomach's cancer resurrected itself in 2012.
  • There's a whole lotta sh*t that I can go on forever about...but...
Sh*t happens, and all in all...I'm very fortunate,   I need to keep reminding myself about how fortunate I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment