Could Your Marriage Pass the “Green Card” Test?
(per the 2010 NY Times Marriage Test?)
Here are some sample questions provided by lawyers who sit in on such interviews.
- On the day of your wedding, where did you wake up? What about your spouse?
- How did you get to the wedding? What about your spouse?
- How many televisions do you have in your house/apartment?
- If you are standing at and facing your kitchen sink, where is the microwave oven?
- Is your microwave stationary or does it have a revolving plate?
- How much money did you receive in your last paycheck/deposit? What about your spouse?
- Where did you and your spouse first meet? When was it?
- Who first spoke to whom?
- Why were you there? What about your spouse?
- Where do you keep your clean underwear? What about your spouse?
- What color is your toothbrush? What about your spouse’s?
- What did you do last night after work?
- What is the name of your spouse’s manager at work?
- What day is trash picked up at your house?