Monday, June 14, 2010

Afghanistan...I've had enough!

Okay...I'll admit it, I'm a pacifist!   I've never ascribed to the justification/support of war...with maybe one (or, at most, two?) exceptions...and in the future, I probably, never will.   But now, I've really had enough!   So much so...that it's pushed me over the edge!

Sure...Afghanistan is where we should have been all along!   Not in Iraq!   We still haven't found those WMDs...have we?   We never will...those WMDs weren't there folks!   BUT...watching tonight's news...I'm just sick and tired of it all!

Seeing all these young American "20-some-year olds" in bunkers/trenches firing weapons at Taliban/Al Qaeda encampments in these far-away outposts?   Being killed?   For what?   The Taliban/Al Qaeda firing back!   Am I missing something?   This reminds me of WWII battle scenes!   Sure...the drones of today are cool!   Hey!  Can we fight the entire "war/assault" with these drones!   I'm sure such a tactic can save a lot of young/innocent lives!   No?   Okay...this drone assault thing probably won't happen!

The solution!   Get the word out to the people of Afghanistan!

Dear Citizens of (said territory) Afghanistan,
America will make arrangements to evacuate you from said territory...and relocate you to temporary asylums.   You will have one (okay...maybe two or three) weeks to accept this offer of evacuation!   Once relocated...you will be fully interrogated to ensure that you should have been included on the initial invitee list and were fully qualified to accept our evacuation offer.   For your sake...we hope that you were, because, if not... (detailed consequences to follow).   At the end of the seventh (or 14th, or 21st) day...we plan to erase said territory from the face of the earth using whatever it takes...short of nuclear weapons!   Sayonara Al Qaeda!

Once said territory is removed from the face of the earth...we will assist the aforementioned evacuees with resettlement.

Much love & warm regards...your friends in America!

PS.   Dear citizens in (certain locations of) Pakistan...similar letter to follow!

PPS.   Aside from saving American lives...as of today, American taxpayers have spent $277 billion dollars to fund this lunacy in Afghanistan.   Two hundred and seventy seven BILLION dollars!   TWO-SEVEN-SEVEN-BILLION!   Image what we could have done with this money!  Okay...like I said...I've had enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment