Thursday, December 10, 2009

Terry Noel

Happy belated birthday Terry.   For over 50 years, I thought it was today.   I called your brother, Jack, today and through my tears, he told me I was 2 days late...December 8th was your big day!   I will not make that mistake again! I can't begin to tell you how much I (we) miss you.   You'd never believe how often you enter my dreams.

You are one in a million (zillion) ...and you were taken too soon!   August 2nd, 1967...a lot changed that day.   The days that followed are a blur to me....but like I said, a lot changed that day....I lost more than you (if you can believe that) and I've never been the same.

I've written here before about "no buts" people...and that was definitely you!   I love you Terry Noel...and I always will!   Happy Birthday...belatedly!

4 comments:

  1. Paul,
    I was fifteen when it happened, but I remember as if it were yesterday.

    Are you Paul Clayton? Form St. Augustine? From Camp Bohatom?

    Terry was my step-brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Mario! It's been such a long time. I literally cried when I read your response. As we all know, Terry was really a special person. I still think of him after all these years. Yes...we all loved him. It all remains heavy on my heart!

    How are you? Let's try to keep in touch. We're trying to figure out a way to do a Camp Bohatom reunion. How did you find me? Did you google "Camp Bohatom"???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mario...somehow I erroneously deleted your original comment. I'm still new at this stuff and can't figure out how to recover your comment. Please repost it if you can.

    ReplyDelete