Sunday, November 29, 2009

Afghanistan...

30,000 more troops to Afghanistan!   Why?   What's the objective or the criteria for success?   To contain/defeat the Taliban?   I don't know?   Withdrawal in 2011?   How many more lives?   I'm sick of war...have always been!   I think history tells us that damn near every war was fought because of religious differences or the control of land.   Is this one different?   Please...someone convince me that it is...cause right now...I ain't buyin' it!


Still not sure? Check out HBO's "Section 60".   Called "the saddest acre in America," Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery is a burial ground for U.S. military personnel killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, a place that epitomizes the honor of service and the cost of war.

I watched "Section 60" this weekend and wept!   And...I'm an Obama fan(atic)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment