Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pennies from Heaven!



Well...not really!   Heaven?   Nevermind!

Cleaned out my water cooler "coin collector" bottle.   It was half full of coins.   I've been tossing in pennies, nickels, dimes & quarters over the last several years.   A few 50 cent pieces and dollar coins in there too!  My little stash!   Decided it was time to take it to the bank.   This is a recession isn't it?   Separated the pennies from all the other coins.   30.2 lbs of pennies!  Schlept the 30.2 lbs over to the local supermarket and dumped them into the "coin counting" machine!

5,029 Pennies!!!   If I rolled them myself...that would have been 100 rolls of pennies!   How long does it take to roll 100 rolls of pennies?   More time than I have...even tho' I'm unemployed!  Like I said...this is a recession!   Total $51.09.   Wait...how does 5029 pennies add up to $51.09? Eight dimes snuck in there somehow!   Walked away with a little over $46 net...10% coin eating machine fee!

Just weighed the rest of the coins. We're at 40+ lbs of silver people!   I'm guessing maybe two grand?   Plan to count these myself.

I ain't about to give up 10% of two grand!   Can ya' feel me?

No comments:

Post a Comment