Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome to the Tea Party!


They spat upon representative Emanuel Cleaver (a black Congressman from Missouri); they called John Lewis (another Congressman and civil rights icon) a “nigger” (more about that later)…and Barney Frank a “faggot” (more about that later too!).   I don’t believe it was just one person in the crowd…but many.   I couldn’t believe it.   It took me back 50 years ago and it left me disgusted.

Where were these “teabaggers” when “Dubya” took us to war in Iraq on the pretense of “weapons of mass destruction”?   Where were they when he cut taxes for the rich…and ran the deficit to historic highs?   Where were they when he turned his back on Katrina?   Did they know at the time that “Dubya” and his crew (Rove, Cheney, Rumsfield) laid the groundwork for the polarization of America?   I think they did and probably embraced it!   I didn’t see any protesters then…but I’m not surprised that I didn’t!

Again...I'm disgusted...but in spite of their protests and ignorance...the health care bill passed...219 to 212!   Is it the best of everything or all that it could have been?   Probably not?   Is it a step in the right direction and a moral obligation to this nation?   Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment