Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rituxan and the "redo" of my lymphoma treatment!

I thought it was over...but it wasn't.   So here we go again.

There worst part of the 8 hour ordeal is sticking the IV tubes into the top side of my hand!   These are NOT thin needles folks!

It takes about seven to eight hours to infuse all the rituxan and other chemicals/liquids into the bod.   Good news...they do have WIFI so I wasn't cut off from the world!

Check out this contraption...it holds all the "liquid drips".

Below is a close-up of the rituxan bottle.   If you look closely...you may see the bubbles at the bottom of the bottle.   Bubbles are a good sign because you then realize that you are close to leaving this 8 hour ordeal...in the next half hour or so!

But...I can't complain.   I'm alive.   Yesterday, we learned that someone we know...and occasionally party with, every now and then...lost their 15 year old daughter to cancer!   15 years old!   It sucks and it brought tears to my eyes.   Like I said...it sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment