Friday, December 31, 2010

The 21 Century!

So far...it has not been a day at the beach!

The Good!
  • 30th & 35th wedding anniversaries!
  • Two new son-in-laws
  • 1st grandchild (prompted me to start this blog)
  • 2nd grandchild on the way. Romell will be a big brother!
    UPDATE:   Unfortunately...it was not meant to be!
  • Barack Hussein Obama! I never thought I'd live to see that day.
The Bad:
  • Y2K
  • dangling chads
  • George Bush - you knowingly lied to us!
  • Weapons of mass destruction...NOT!
  • Mission accomplished??? Not!
  • A 2nd term...you gotta be kidding me!
  • Dick Cheney - see Bush
  • Donald Rumsfield - see Cheney
  • John McCain...you introduced Sarah Palin to the world!
  • Sarah Palin
  • Mitch McConnell
  • Mahmoud Ahmaddinejad
  • Michele Bachmann
  • The US Defense budget - exceeds the total of the next 20 largest defense budgets worldwide
  • The Great Recession
  • The Birthers
  • The Teabaggers
  • losing 4 jobs in 4 years!
  • short sale on Florida condo - ouch!
  • The value of my 401K
The Ugly:
  • September 11th, 2001
  • Osama Bin Laden
  • Iraq War
  • Katrina - "You're doing a heckuva job Brownie"!
  • The 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami
  • Al Qaeda
  • The Haitian Earthquake
  • H-pylori lymphoma (stomach cancer) - I survived!
  • Nephrectomy - a tumor...so they took one of my kidneys.
I'm sure I'll think of others. Like I said, goodbye and good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment